Jukebox Multi-Media Player with TV & Wireless Audio
Portable Multimedia players (jukebox player) has been in the market for
sometime, normally with a tiny display (3.5" or less) and very expensive.
Allcam's DMP-768T is the first Jukebox to break the concept: while maintaining
the compactness with a slim tablet style body (thickness = 2.35 cm, 0.93"),
it packed in a massive 7" TFT LCD display and 30 - 100 GB data storage
DMP-768T Portable media player plays almost all the popular media files:
pictures (*.jpg files), movies ( DVD: *.VOB; MPEG-4: *.AVI files, VCD/SVCD:
*.DAT, *.MPG files), and music (*.MP3, *.WMA, *.WAV files).
In addition, it also has a built-in TV tuner, and a wireless audio transmitter
which are normally missing in expensive players.
- Wireless Transmitter: When DMP-768T is used to play music and
movies in the car, you can obtain better sound by transmitting the sound
to car Hi-Fi system via FM channels.
- High storage capacity: iPod and Archos are boasting on TV for
their 40 GB players, what will they say to 100 GB? 100 GB can store
20 DVD movies, or 100 MPEG-4 Movie, or 25,000 MP3 songs, or 50,000 high
resolution digital images)
- Built-in TV tuner (analog), multi system works in most European
countries (except France)
- Massive 7" display: iPod photo and Archos Jukebox series
will be ashamed for their tiny 2" / 3.5" screen!
- Slim & compact: Allcam believes multi-function does not
necessarily mean less-portability. DMP-768T is almost of the same thickness
as the Archos video players with a overall dimension of 19.1 x 14.3
x 2.4 cm (7.51" x 5.63" x 0.93")
- High speed USB 2.0 connection to computer for upload/download files
- Driverless when connected to computer (Win ME / 2000 / XP)
- Free Leather-like carry case / car headrest harness
- Twin stereo speakers
- Great price: we manage to half the price while give twice more display
size & storage capacity - from £238 to £298
- Auto-switching power adapter, input: 90 - 260 V, 50-60 Hz, output:
9 V 2.5 A
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery, 4000 mAh, 7.2 V
- IR Remote control with one battery
- Carrying case / car harness
- 9 V car cigarette socket adapter, do not charge battery with this
- USB 2.0 cable
- External aerial adapter
- User manual
- USB mass storage device driver disk (only required for Windows 98)
1. How to transfer / backup a DVD movie to this player?
DVD contains two folders: "AUDIO_TS" and "VIDEO_TS",
under "VIDEO_TS", you can find three types of files: *.BUP,
*.IFO, and *.VOB, you only need to transfer the *.VOB files to this
player. Warning: most of the original
DVDs are copyright protected, you are not allowed to transfer files
from the disc to any other media; and if you do you the files you transferred
will not play normally. There are many free software which can backup
a copyright protected DVD for you such as "DVD Decrypter".
2. How to tune in TV channels ?
To tune in TV channels: power on, press "mode" on the remote
to switch to TV mode, then press "auto", the player will scan
all the channels and save them. Once completed, the player will stay
at "Channel 1".
The scan does take a few minute as it has to go through 3 bands (VHF-L,
VHF-H, and UHF) one by one. There can be as many as 50 or more channels
tuned in and saved, and only 4 or 5 out of them are clear channels.
Please be patient to find the clear channels by pressing the "CH-"
button on the remote.
3. My unit will not tune in any TV channels? / How good is the TV reception?
There are only 4 or 5 clear channels in UK among 50 + channels saved
during the auto-tuning process. They might start from #10 or even #30.
See the answer to the question No.2 above.
This model was thoroughly tested in UK. The TV tuner works fine in
UK. As long as the signal is good, you will get decent pictures. This
doesn't guarantee you will always get clear TV picture on the move.
4. My camcorder records in *.AVI files, can DMP-768T play them?
It depends. This multimedia player will only play files compatible
with MPEG-4 ISO/IEC standard. There are other audio/video files such
as Apple QuickTime also end with AVI (which will not play on DMP-768T).
5. Will this jukebox media player takes normal DVD / CD /VCD disc?
Although this multimedia player can play DVD / VCD files, you must
transfer the files into the player via your computer first.
It does not take normal DVD / CD / VCD discs directly. If you
are looking for something which can play normal DVD / CD / VCD
as well as media files, Shinco portable
DVD player with USB port plus a Pendrive might be an ideal
combination: you can use pendrive to store the media files you
want to play, while the portable DVD player can take the normal
DVD / CD / VCD directly.
6. Can DMP-768T digital media player record the TV programs?
No this player does not have any recording functions.