1. Why MP3 compression does not influence the sound quality?
The basic principal behind MP3 compression is a technique called perceptual
noise shaping is used. It uses characteristics of the human ear to design
the compression algorithm, for example:
- Some sound are not loud enough to be heard;
- If there is two similar sound at the same time point, then the weaker
one will not be heard;
- Human ear have better response to certain sound than others;
So thess certain parts of the music can be removed without causing any
noticeable difference to the human ears.
Although in principal MP3 file can be of no difference to human ear compare
to the original CD files, no practical compression algorithm can gurantee
100% conform to these principals, so we always obtain a near CD quality
Hot topics related to MP3 & MP3 player:
1. Why MP3 compression does
not influence the sound quality?
2. What is a MP3 encoder?
3. What is the bit rate and how
does it influence the sound quality?
4. What is a MP3 ripper?
music download source
6. Free MP3 encoder and MP3 ripper
7. Introduction to MP3 players